H.B.122, The Farm Vehicle Tag legislation passed both the House and the Senate and has been sent to the Governor for his signature. Once signed, the Department of Motor Vehicle will require 180 days to begin issuing the new FV Tags.
The purpose of this legislation is to protect the farming use while diminishing the rampant illegal abuse of the white farm vehicle tag. H. B. 122 accomplishes this goal.
• Only farmers will be issued a numbered FV Tag by the DMV
• Each tag will cost $10 – same rate DFB now charges per tag
• Each vehicle/equipment will be issued a numbered tag assigned to the current VIN# or will be assigned a VIN#
• A vehicle with an FV Tag (if not titling-U title) does NOT PAY A DOC FEE
• Insurance requirements will NOT CHANGE
• The FV Tag is NOT A REGISTERED VEHICLEE-it is numbered for identification only
• Existing requirements remain including: exempt from Inspection; must derive at least $1,000 of farm income; must lease/own 10 acres or more; prohibited use of hire; 20 mile radius; safety equipment; may assist farmer for harvest purposes, etc.
Language was included to allow farmers to stop for lunch, etc. during the work day, but will not allow personal use for the entire day. (Example: shopping, traveling to school, another job, etc.)
Please thank the following Legislators for supporting this legislation:
Sens. Ennis, Blevins, Bonini, Bushwell, Cloutier, Hall-Long, Henry, Hocker, Lavelle, Lawson, Lopez, Marshall, McBride, McDowell, Peterson, Pettyjohn, Poore, Simpson, Sokola, Townsend & Venables
Reps. Walker, Atkins, Barbieri, Baumbach, Bennett, Blakey, Bolden, Brady, Carson, Dukes, Herrernan, Hudson, Jaques, J. Johnson, Q. Johnson, Keeley, Kenton, Kowalko, Longhurst, Miro, Mitchell, Mulrooney, Osienski, Outten, Paradee, Potter, Ramone, B. Short, D. Short, M. Smith, Spiegelman, Viola, D.E. Williams, K. Williams & Schwartzkopf
- About Us
- News & Events
- Contact Us