Pumpkins aren’t just for carving and pie anymore. With fall right around the corner try this Pumpkin French Toast Bake!
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin purée
1 loaf Texas toast thick-sliced bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, the cloves, nutmeg, and white sugar together in a bowl; beat in the pumpkin until fully incorporated.
- Arrange the bread cubes in a single layer in the prepared baking dish; pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread cubes, and gently toss to coat.
- Stir 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, flour, and butter together with a fork in a small bowl until the mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over the bread cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown on top, 30 to 40 minutes.