Scope of Position:
The position will support both the Delaware Farm Bureau Programs and Farm Bureau Foundation. Delaware Farm Bureau Programs Coordinator will assist with the management of all programs that the Farm Bureau is involved in throughout the year. These programs will be coordinated with the Office Manager.
For the Foundation, the Coordinator shall manage the day to day operations of the Foundation to include the planning schedule of the mobile Ag Lab, program presentation, coordination and evaluation, personnel recruitment and management of volunteers. Coordinator is also responsible for budget development, grant writing and fundraising for the Foundation. The Foundation Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
- Research and write grant proposals for the Delaware Farm Bureau. Research and write grant proposals and manage fundraising for the Foundation.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Foundation including the Ag Lab (a mobile agricultural education classroom).
- Manage several groups of volunteers that assist in presenting the Ag Lab educational program at elementary schools, summer camps, and agricultural events throughout the State of Delaware.
- Provide managerial support to the many programs conducted by the Farm Bureau including its boards and committees.
- Be able to attend some evening meetings and occasional Saturday hours.
- Some travel to educational conferences 2 to 3 times per year.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Outgoing, highly motivated person that can work independently or as part of our team.
- Demonstrate successful experience in the management of a foundation.
- Demonstrate expertise in budget development and financial management.
- Demonstrate leadership and team building experience with volunteers.
- Very detailed oriented person that can manage several ongoing projects.
- Working knowledge of agriculture and an understanding of grassroots, volunteer organizations a plus.
- Any offer will be contingent upon the results of a criminal background check and drug test.
Competitive salary, health insurance package, retirement package.
Resumes with cover letter accepted until May 31, 2019. Please include qualifications, background, education, and references (3).
Submit to: Delaware State Farm Bureau
Attn: Joseph Poppiti
3457 S. DuPont Highway
Camden, Delaware 19934
Delaware Farm Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.